With traffic being more chaotic, traffic rules being different and its road users being unpredictable, having a good Car Insurance in Thailand is of utmost importance. No matter how well you drive, how often you drive or what distances you cover, at some point in time you will need the benefit of a Car Insurance. When you get involved in an accident, it is comforting to know you are only one phone call away from service and guaranteed support, 24 hours a day. AA Insurance Brokers works with many different insurances companies in the area of Car Insurances. They can provide our clients with the best level of coverage for their personal vehicles and handle claims in an efficient and professional matter.
Below you will find a summary of the different types of Car Insurance in Thailand:
- Compulsory (CTPL): This is the so called compulsory insurance which every motor vehicle must have. This insurance only covers for bodily injury or death. Third party property damage is not covered at all. Because of this minimal coverage, it is very risky to drive around with only this insurance. The following insurances are voluntary.
- 3rd class: This insurance is similar to the third-party liability insurance you will know from your home country. It covers third party property damage and medical expenses. Besides that, there is coverage for medical expenses for the driver and passengers of the own car and it includes bail bond.
- 2nd class:This insurance coverage is the same as 3rd class, but also theft and fire of your own car is covered.
- 3 + 1: This insurance covers the same as 3rd class, but also damage to the own car is covered up to the sum insured. Damage to your own Car however will only be covered in case of a collision with another motor vehicle and the identity of the other party is known. This insurance does not cover in case of an accident where no other party is involved or if the identity of the other party is unknown.
- 2 + 1: This insurance covers the same as 3 + 1, but also fire and theft of your car is covered.
- 1st class This insurance is the best, comparable to the all risks (or fully comprehensive) insurance as you will know from your Home Country. A First-Class insurance is the best option and relatively cheap. Important with First Class insurances: check the maximum coverages. A First-Class insurance that covers only 500,000 Thai Baht for third party property damage can still bring you big problems in case of a collision with an expensive car.