Car Insurance | Frequently Ask Questions
- THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO MAKE YOUR FIRST-CLASS CAR INSURANCE CHEAPER.
1. Dealer garage / insurer garage.
There are two types of car insurance available. If you opt for an insurance with "Dealer garage", you can bring your car to the official dealer in case of damage. If you opt for an insurance with "Insurer garage", you must bring your car to a garage that has a contract with the insurance company. The last option is usually about 20% cheaper. Each company has a nationwide network of contract garages, which in general deliver good quality.
2. Named drivers You can lower the premium by choosing for "named drivers" on the policy. Maximum 2 names can be included in the policy. This is a good saving option if you never lend out the car. Should you still allow someone else then the named drivers to drive your car and he/she causes an accident at fault, the car will still be covered. However, there will be a deductible of 6000 Thai Baht for own damages.
3. Deductible For those who almost never have to claim, an deductible might be interesting. For example, a deductible of 3,000 Thai Baht lowers the premium with 2000 to 3.000 Thai Baht. Of course you will only have to pay this deductible if you are at fault in an accident.
- Call the emergency number of the insurance company. The company will send a surveyor to the location of the accident. He will collect all data and will write an accident report. If the police asks you to move your car before the Surveyor has arrived, try to make some pictures first.
- Remain calm (even if being arrested).
- Preparation is key: make sure to have copies of your policy documents in your car, along with your driving license and a copy of your passport..
This bail bond covers you if you are arrested for a road traffic incident. It will not cover you if you are involved in any other incident. The insurance company will pay for your bail.
The insurance industry in Thailand is, contrary to what most people believe, well-regulated and reliable. The answer is yes.
With a First-Class Insurance you will receive No-Claim Discount. The insurance industry in Thailand is, contrary to what most people believe, well-regulated and reliable. The answer is yes.
The Sum Insured for your own damages is usually 80% of the vehicles market value.